Monday, April 25, 2011

Emerson's Ice Cream Parlour

I've been waiting FOREVER to blog about this recent invitation design....a few months ago Janeen Donati owner of Paige-Reese Designer Bakeshop emailed me about invitations for her daughter Emerson's upcoming sundae themed birthday. I've included Janeen in many of my blogs because we often work together on design projects but also because hands down she is an incredibly talented designer and as you know when I like something I like share it. I was excited to design this invitation but REALLY excited to see what Janeen would create to coordinate with it. I wanted the invitation to have a vintage ice cream shop feel so I began with a color palette of bubble gum pink, chocolate and white. I knew Janeen wanted coordinating signs for all the condiments in the sundae bar as well as the water bottles.....therefore I felt this party needed some branding... WELCOME to Emerson's Ice Cream Parlour. There is no way you can design for an ice cream sundae party and not have glitter somewhere on the invitation so I created an adorable ice cream sundae using clear glitter on the whip cream and of course red on the cherry! Next up........the envelope, who says an envelope should be plain! I used a pattern of swiss dots in bubble gum pink for the background and placed the vintage style frame from the logo on top but replaced the wording with each of the guests names that would be invited to the party. The envelope design was completed with a bubble gum pink envelope liner which looks stunning against the invitation backer of chocolate brown.






Now that my part is done lets talk SWEETS....I first need to start with the ice cream sundae shaped cookie favors the amount of detail on them is truly impressive but I would expect nothing less from Janeen. Each cookie was individually wrapped with a custom tag that had a message and the the glittered sundae from the invitation. Next is the spoon......seriously the most adorable item I have ever seen but notice the "E" monogram on the bottom of the spoon it's practically identically to the font I used on the invitation. That right there is why I refer to Janeen as a BAKING GENIUS and LOVE working with her, she truly cares about the little details. If you want to know where you can get Emerson's adorable shirt it was custom made by Modern Frills.......too cute!







When she sent me the photos of the party I was truly in awe of the amount of styling that went into this birthday but nearly fell off my chair when I saw the cake..........simply elegant and equally stunning.......I mean would just look at the cherry on top there are just no words for this. I follow a lot of cake blogs because it's a part of my industry but also because I would LOVE to someday learn how to do be cake designer.......who says you can't do an internship when your in your thirties. I highly recommend taking a peek at Janeen's blog www.paige-reese.blogspot.com you too will be blown away by her designs:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment