Sunday, August 1, 2010

BeeCustom Designs First Home Party!!!!

When promoting custom invitations most often a potential client is not looking to order that day, it's usually six months down the road or even next year. I needed something beyond a business card that they could buy on the spot hoping it would leave a lasting impression so when they did have an event they would remember me. I have tons of original artwork so I started by making up glittered note card sets with catchy phrases like "Mommy Juice," "Just a note," and "Cosmopolitan Girl" these are just a few of many. All note sets come with five folded note cards printed on luxe white card stock and matching envelopes for 10 dollars. As time went on I added wine tags, bookmarks, paperweights, melamine plates and bowls. Below are a few pictures of some of the designs offered in my cash and carry line but if you would like to see my line in person I do have a full display at Mason & Madison Gifts with Style in Middleton or simply just email me at beecustom@verizon.net.






About two months ago I received an email from Janeen, she had purchased some note cards at Mason & Madison and was interested in ordering some more personalized stationery. I operate on a very custom basis therefore, if you don't see what you need just ask, if I can create it I will. Janeen had two requests, first was she wanted a flat card with an envelope that had one of my cupcakes on it and for it to read Happy Birthday Love, Madison and Emerson that way every time she was heading to a party she already had a card to put with the gift....LOVE THIS! The second request was, would I do a home party? I was so excited because this would be my first one. I always wanted to do home shows but never pushed it because not everyone is a stationery person and I would never want someone to feel like they had to buy something just because they were invited. I created cute glittered invitations for Janeen to mail out to all her friends which got a great response. This being my first show I didn't know what to expect.......a lot of people purchased items from the cash and carry line and some ordered stationery to be personalized while others wanted Janeen's inspired birthday cards for their kids but by far the biggest seller of the night were the plates and bowls. These are a great gifts to give, because you can pick your artwork, color scheme and then have it personalized below are some of my favorites!







To Janeen, her family and friends, thank you so much for coming out and making my first home show a truly memorable one. I had such a good time and hope that all of you were please with what you ordered. So now you know BeeCustom Designs does home shows by request, if are interested in having one please feel free to shoot me an email beecustom@verizon.net.

0 comments:

Post a Comment