Sunday, April 5, 2009

Grand Opening Invitation





I work mainly through word of mouth, so I use my Invitations as advertisement. What better way to introduce myself to Liz's customers than through a fabulous invite to her Grand Opening. Liz really left the design up to me but I knew I wanted it to reflect the look of her store. There is nothing more classic than black, mixed with the signature blue of Mason and Madison. I wanted a pop of glitter somewhere but did not want it to over power the design. I started with a vertical gated card in Black Linen, the wording was printed on White Dove that had just a hint of texture and shimmer. To close the card I used a sash in Hydrangea which also had texture and finished it with a custom square button with Liz's "M" that was glittered. For the envelope I chose Black Linen mixed with a custom envelope Liner in Hydrangea. On the back of the envelope was a square return address label and for the front I had a custom address label. It is not always easy to photograph paper with texture or shimmery so above is a computer generated sample. I was able to photograph the custom glittered button. However, I always tell everyone it is best to see my samples in person to appreciate the quality of card stock and sparkle of the glitter.
Liz was so happy with the end result and I was happy with the amount of people that called or email just to tell her how special it was.

NOTE:CLICK ON PICTURES TO ENLARGE IMAGES

0 comments:

Post a Comment