Friday, January 28, 2011

Welcome baby George

Susan has used me for so many of her life's moments that I have lost count at this point. Every year I do her family Christmas Card but this year I knew was going to be different because she was expecting her fourth child late in December.  She wanted to wait and do a Holiday/New Year/Birth Announcement all in one type of design. Any parent will tell you that trying to get all your children to sit for a photo can bring out the "scary mom" in all of us and the more you have the more challenging it is.


The design idea was initially going to have one photo of the three girls and their new baby brother, but in the end we ended up with two photos. I had an incredible photo of George wrapped in a moss green blanket tied with a cream satin ribbon sitting in a copper bowl and an equally stunning photo of the girls outside with the snow falling in the background. When it came time to choose the colors I decided neutrals would be best because of the color schemes in each photo. The main card is in a Ecru Silk Linen with a photo backing card in Crepe. I felt it would be best to use an Envelope in a similar color found in the blanket since that was the first photo you saw.


Even though we had two photos with two very different color schemes I feel as if we achieved two designs within one. Even though the girls are in pink and blue when I mounted the photo against the cream card stock it picks up the snow falling in the background which just looks beautiful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment