Thursday, November 3, 2011

Kristen & Peter's Wedding

Fall by far is my favorite season but considering it's only November 3rd and I am already looking at SNOW on my deck I felt the need to spread some SUNSHINE and what better way then to talk about a stunningly perfect summer wedding that I recently designed invitations for. I met Kristen about a year before we even began designing her invitations, she already had her color palette and vision for her upcoming summer wedding in place. The colors: tiffany blue and a soft butter yellow, the vision: clean lines, classic elegance and just a hint of sparkle.




She wanted the design of her invite to reflect her vision so she went with a horizontal portable pocket style in a shimmery card stock called crème brûlée by using this style pocket it keeps the entire look self contained within a 7x5 space. I created a custom monogram and hand embellished the center letter with clear glitter. The accent backer was a shimmery color called caspian and all the additional card stocks used were an ecru linen. 






The table numbers were also hand embellished with glitter bringing a pop of sparkle to her tables. We continued the use of glitter on all the place cards which were attached to sand dollars. As you can see from all the photos Kristen's color palette and vision have come together seamlessly....from the bridesmaids dresses to the flowers.........all perfectly set in the Mansion at Turner Hill.

 



I was lucky enough to also design Kristen's Bridal Shower Invitations to see how the design process started, click HERE to read the blog I did about them. Working with Kristen and her mom Kerry was such a wonderful experience and I am so grateful to have such FABULOUS clients!

Congratulations to Kristen and Peter I wish you endless happiness and bliss!

The Stunning Wedding Box & Sand dollars were created by Mother of the Bride, Kerry
Photography: by Benoit & McCarthy
Flowers: by Donna of Pepperberry in Byfield

0 comments:

Post a Comment