Friday, October 7, 2011

A Venue....... fit for a designer!


A few months ago I received an email from one of my brides asking if I would design the invitations for her upcoming bridal shower. She had attached some photos of the venue........OMG I just could not believe this place, Upstairs on the Square located in Harvard Square is by far the coolest establishment I have ever seen. I recognize the name but honestly never new what a fabulous GEM this place was. Emily's shower will be held in the UpStairs Soirée Dining Room reminiscent of a glowing and colorful jewel-box-like supper club. I truly was over the moon that I would be designing the invitation....I started with a color palette of lilac, aqua, pink and gold which I used to design a custom plaid that would mimic what is used in the venue. I LOVE the design of UpStairs on the Square and whoever designed their identity is a PURE GENIUS. Emily wanted her invitation to have a similar feel but reflect that fact that is was a bridal shower. Once I created the plaid it was framed and accented by an umbrella and hand embellished with glitter. I continued the use of the plaid in EMILY'S name and the name of the venue.



We continued the use of the design for the table numbers and custom drink sign. It has become very popular at weddings and showers to offer a signature drink. Emily went with Hits of Sunshine which is an Elderflower Liqueur with Raspberry Puree and Bubbly...........YUM! We took the logo and replaced the umbrella with a champagne glass......of course glittered. Considering the seating at UpStairs on the Square was unique Emily decided a seating chart would be best. We used her logo with the glittered umbrella on two signs that would be mounted in 8x10 frames where guests would be able to find their names and what table they would be sitting at. I honestly LOVE everything about this invitation......the design, the palette and how the overall feel sets the tone for a truly exceptional and unique venue. I know when guests arrive that the design will come full circle for them as they step into this jewel boxed room.




Stay tuned..........Emily's Wedding theme is "Winter Wonderland" I can't wait to share her Save-The-Date and Wedding Invitation designs with you.............so stunning!


0 comments:

Post a Comment