Tuesday, August 17, 2010

FRANCESCA'S CUPCAKE PALOOZA!!!

I was so excited when Nadia approached me about designing party invitations for her daughter's up coming first birthday. She had already bought this adorable cupcake outfit which was the start of the theme. There are so many types of designers out there doing incredible work therefore, when I stumble upon something fabulous I like to share it. The inspiration for this invitation FIRST started with an adorable little girl named FRANCESCA and she really is as cute as a cupcake! Then came this unbelievable outfit, each of the three pieces were from two different designers that display on ETSY. The bloomer pants were designed by BilianaBabyBoutique.etsy.com and the tutu and onesie were designed by ilovefancyshmancy.etsy.com there are just no words for how FABULOUS this little girl looked coming into her party!



Before Nadia and I met to begin designing the invitation she had sent me a picture of the outfit, the minute I saw it I knew my pink and green cupcake with the cherry on top would be perfect. I have tons of different styles of cupcakes but this one is my favorite because it was the first cupcake I ever created. As we sat to discuss the design of the invite the only request Nadia had was that the cupcake be BIG and GLITTERY.

In order to accommodate that I decided it would be best to have a long invite putting the artwork at the bottom so that it would have balance. The main backing card was a beautiful shimmery green called Envy, for the main invite I used a shimmery white card stock called first snow. The envelope was the perfect light pink called Tourmaline which also had a shimmer to it. I wanted the cupcake to be a little surprise so I used a band of parchment vellum to wrap around the bottom of the invite then punched a small half circle so that only the cherry sat exposed. I love the idea of using parchment paper because it goes hand in hand with baking. There were two colors of glitter used on the cupcake first, was Christmas red for the cheery and second, was crystal clear which allowed the pink to shimmer through perfectly.

 
Nadia wanted to do cookies as the favors, lucky for all of us I had just recently met a talented cookie designer, Janeen Donati who owns Paige-Reese Designer Bake Shop. It's obvious from the photos what a great job Janeen did recreating my cupcake, she even did cupcake chocolate pops which were equally stunning. To make the favors more personalized I created a round glittered sticker that had a personalized message to put on the back of all the cookies.





With most clients that I design for they usually purchase matching thank you notes but I knew this was a big family party where lots of memories would be created. I suggested to Nadia that we do a digital thank you note that matched the design of the party invite but would include special photos from the event. By doing it this way family and friends receive a nice keepsake of such a memorable day... after all you only turn ONE once!


Next up is the cake and of course cupcakes, Nadia used Cakes for Occasions out of Danvers this will be the third time they have designed a cake to match one of my invitations and I must say they do not disappoint. The cupcake toppers were designed by getthepartystarted.etsy.com and of course this little birthday girl should have her own plate so Nadia had me create a personalized custom plate for Francesca to have her cake on from the photos you can see just how flawlessly everything came together.






I love what I do but what makes it better are the people I meet along the way.....so to Nadia, Frank and Francesca thank you for allowing me to be a part such a memorable occasion!

2 comments:

Kristy {the purple pug} said...

What an adorable party & birthday girl:) The invitations are beautiful!

BeeCustom Designs said...

Thank you!

Post a Comment